Monday, March 12, 2007

Mon, March 11th

Hello all, it's been a while since my last posting. All is well, I just haven't been up to much besides working during the week and boozing on the weekends so doesn't make for very interesting reading for ye folk. Amazingly work is still going fine, i'm quite busy all the time so I just go in, throw on the iPod and work away till its home time. I have discovered a great coffee machine in the office. I don't drink coffee but it sure does make a wicked hot chocolate so I think I may be addicted to them now. While work is fine now i'm still thinking that it might be more of a problem during the summer when I want to do things in the evening with everyone else but will be stuck in work. Gonna stick with it for now but may need to check elsewhere in a couple of months.

My other news over the last few weeks is that I have moved into an apartment. I got the one I wanted with the Korean and Japanese guys. I'm very happy with it as it's right downtown and I get along well with the Korean fella, Kyungmin. I've only met the Japanese guy once as he's out the whole time, which is fine with me. I've had a few all nighters with Kyungmin just staying up all night boozing to watch some footie in the morning. He doesn't drink beer though really, only whiskey which has led to a few sore heads in the morning time. He's also cooked me dinner quite a few times too which was very good of him.

It's been crazy the amount of people I've bumped into that I originally met over in Toronto. I've had a few nights out with two really nice girls from back home, Tara from Cork and Lisa from Belfast. It was a major coincidence meeting up with the two of them again as they didn't know each other back in Toronto at all, just bumped into each other over here and my name came up some how so they gave me a shout and we've been boozing it up since. Kelly also arrived back over last weekend so been spending most of my time with her. Angela, the Cork girl I used live with is coming over to us for Paddys day too so that'll be a major session i'm sure. And finally Glen and Jamie should be back from their U.S. trip in about 2 weeks so the old gang will be back together and ready for some wild nights out. Should be good craic. I'll be back to let ye know how that all goes.

Here's my work, Cathedral Place, it's very fancy.
And again at night, exciting stuff, eh.
And across the road they've just unveiled the countdown clock to the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Here's my new apartment block, 5 minutes walk from work. I've been late every day.
This is the view from my bedroom window. Straight ahead is the Fairmont Hotel and you can just about see my work right behind it.
Lisa, myself, Tara and some Aussie bloke.

No comments: